Monday, January 16, 2017

Delicious Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

Hey all! Sorry it's been awhile, I've been busy with life and school and all that jazz. But I have a new recipe to share! The other day my boyfriend (the sweetest guy ever) and I were running errands and he was practicing for his physical agility test. He passed, by the way, and is in the process of becoming a police officer! We couldn't be more excited. Anyways, since I knew we'd be running around for awhile I wanted to throw something in the crockpot that would be ready when we got home. I already had some fried rice in the fridge, so I figured teriyaki chicken would go great with that. I was right, the chicken turned out so tender and delicious! It's simple and only required a few ingredients and took about 4 hours. 

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

  • 6 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into strips)
  • 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce **see note below
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/8 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of minced garlic
  • ground pepper to taste
**I used half Very Teriyaki, a thicker sauce with sesame seeds and half teriyaki marinade which is a little thinner.

Directions
  1. Cut the chicken thighs into several strips each, then season with ground pepper
  2. Mix the teriyaki sauce, broth, and garlic together in a large bowl until combined
  3. Toss the chicken in the crokpot and pour the teriyaki mixture over the chicken
  4. Cook on high for about 4 hours. Enjoy!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment