Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
· 32 oz. chicken broth
· Approximately 7 oz. petite diced tomatoes
· 6 oz. La Victoria Salsa (or any red salsa you prefer)
· 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
· Approximately 10 oz. canned corn, drained
· 1 cup chopped onion (white or yellow)
· ¼ tsp. minced garlic
· 1 tbsp. mild taco seasoning
· Approximately 3 cups Foster Farms frozen, shredded chicken
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine broth, tomatoes, salsa, beans and corn in the crockpot and stir, then put the lid on.
2. Sauté the onions in vegetable oil for about 7 minutes, until they start to get soft, add the garlic and sauté on low for 2 minutes or so. Add garlic and onion to crockpot.
3. Add the taco seasoning, salt, and pepper to the crockpot and mix well.
4. Cook on low for about 3 ½ hours. Then mix in the shredded chicken and let everything continue to cook on low for another half hour.
5. Serve with crushed tortilla chips/strips, shredded cheese, avocado or whatever you like. Enjoy!