Anyways, since the oven is in non-working condition, I've had to think up stove top or crock pot meals only almost every single night, For some, this may not be a tricky task- for me it is. My go to is broiled top sirloin, baked chicken, garlic bread, etc. Thankfully I have found a few new favorite (stove top) recipes! The latest one is shrimp and rigatoni pasta served with a delicious tomato cream sauce. We had it last night and it is soooo so good.
Shrimp & Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce
(Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites )
- 1-2 Tbsp. butter
- About 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 pound to 1 pound of frozen, pre-cooked shrimp, or fresh
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 a can of petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Spices: salt, pepper, a TINY pinch of Cayenne pepper, onion powder, Old Bay if desired
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick pan, turn heat to low and add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat back up to medium high and add the shrimp and season with desired spices, cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and let it reduce for 2-3 minutes. Then add the diced tomatoes and juices and simmer for 3-5 minutes, covered.
- Turn the heat down to low and slowly stir in the cream and the Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined & cheese is fully melted.
- Add the shrimp back in and stir until all the shrimp is fully coated, let the shrimp get hot again.
- Serve over the pasta of your choosing and enjoy! (A green side salad or broccoli are great side dishes.)