Monday, February 6, 2017

DIY Hair Mask

        Hey all! I know I usually post recipes, but today I'm changing it up and sharing a how-to for a really nice DIY hair mask for oily hair. Unfortunately my hair is the oily kind (TMI, I know) and I hate it. I absolutely cannot go a day without a shower, and I can't even stand getting out of bed and doing anything before showering first. Lately I've been feeling like my hair is falling flat and has a little bit of build up.
        So I took to Pinterest and looked through tons of home-made hair masks, and read the recipes on some of the packaged kind too. There was so many I'd like to try, but I decided the first one I would try, the one that would work best for my situation. I chose to combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice,and a little honey. I've only used it twice but my hair already feels fluffier and cleaner and smoother!
   
        Try it for yourself, here's my recipe!


        DIY Lemon Hair Mask
        Ingredients:
  • about 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar(I went a little on the high end)
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 tsp. honey 
       Directions:
  1. Juice lemon into a small cup or bowl.
  2. Pour the apple cider vinegar into a measuring cup, then add the lemon and stir.
  3. Heat up the honey just until warm and liquid-y, then add to the mixture and mix well.
  4. Apply the mixture to damp hair, and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
  5. Rinse well, then shampoo and condition like normal!          


                                       
                                  




       

No comments:

Post a Comment